Thursday, January 03, 2008

"Fox did not exclude Ron Paul" Meme - RIP

Well, it's been obvious for at least four days that GOP Presidential candidate Ron Paul is definitely being excluded from the January 6 Fox News event. On some right wing blogs, it's been obvious for maybe a day or so. And on other right wing blogs, it will never be obvious ever.

What really gets me about this whole controversy is that the pro-Fox News/anti-Paul rightwingers spread a dubious claim that Fox News had never excluded Ron Paul, and that the whole story was a hoax. That "fact" came from a dubious blog post that made a lot of false assumptions. (Like, If there's a debate on January 5, there couldn't possibly be anything happening on January 6, and certainly not with Fox News' involvement.) Here's the link - this blogger at least kept revising his argument as the facts came in, and quickly revised his original claim. Of course, many rightwingers on the net kept pushing this angle anyway. A wingnut even tried to shut me up by linking to the still-uncorrected Newsbusters post.

In case I haven't made it clear by now, I think Paul's awful, a crackpot with illogical, impractical ideas about government, and who seems to ditch his libertarian values over issues like abortion and race.

But if Paul says the Earth revolves around the sun, I'm backing him up.


Ohm and here's a memorable bit from the second Newshounds post about the Ron Paul uninvitation:

I wrote, "...I'm anything but a Ron Paul supporter. He is, however, an anti-establishment candidate with a real following..."

To which I got the following reply: "I most certainly AM a Ron Paul supporter.
I do not classify him as anti-establishment, except for the fact that he views the current establishment as bloated, wasteful and unconstitutional."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home