Sunday, October 01, 2006

High Trans Fats Make Hulk Strong!

One of the weirdest comic book ad campaigns off all time was the Marvel and DC superheroes Hostess Snack Cake Adventures.

There may have beem weirder comic book ads, but these were the most insiduous, because not only did they use real licensed comic book superheroes in comic book form adventures, but they LOOKED just like the real thing!

I believe they used real comic book artists, though I've never spent any time trying to ID them. (Ross Andru? Sal and/or John Buscema? Curt Swan? Maybe it was a studio)

The very first time I saw one I spent about ten seconds thinking it was supposed to be part of the story I was reading.

They typically appeared near the back of the comic book, and I grew to look forward to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home