Sunday, February 20, 2005

WB goes DMZ

My brother Bill sent me the following link

I liked it better when WB didn't know what they had. Honestly, this crap is unnecessary! Kids still love the original cartoons. Has anyone ever attempted to catalogue all of the Warner Cartoons?

You know, I've never seen a good catalog of the WB cartoons. I have always wondered what was the last one produced.

There''s lots of tired, self-referencing humor in the new stuff. Bugs is now so "cool" he's almost inert.

The only respectable spin off was Animaniacs, which featured very little of Bugs and Co and concentrated on original characters. It allowed the creators to do their own stuff while paying homage to the style and attitude of the classic cartoons, without any embarrassing comparisons.

I agree. Still I was really upset when the handed the WB universe over to Spielberg based on his name and involvement in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". Spielberg's one contribution to WFRR was to suggest they give the character a mouth like Thumper from "Bambi." I think the principal reason Animaniacs was good was that Spielberg really wasn't very involved.

But this latest project seems like a Mad Magazine parody. I really wonder if it will ever see the light of day. Then again, they came up with awful new designs for the Batman and his villains for a new show. The Joker looks like a bad rip-off of the Creeper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home