Monday, July 25, 2005

Bill Says: Scotty!

Bill Says:

Scotty was a great example of a character who added more to a show than was expected. In ways, he was more memorable than even Kirk. I remember the great moment from "Wrath of Khan" when during a critical moment when the bridge contacted Scotty to see why they didn't have enough power. "Me poor engines can't take it!" The audience roared with approval. Finally, someone in Hollywood GOT it!

Amen! I remember vowing to see the movie when they ran a clip of that on "Sneak Previews" or whatever they called that Siskel & Ebert show then.

Doohan's favorite episode is also one of my favorites: "The Doomsday Machine"

Here's another item I didn't see in the Media: Jimmy Buffett's "Boat Drinks"

I'd like to go where the pace of life's slow

Could you beam me somewhere Mr. Scott?

Any ol' place here on Earth or in space

You pick the century and I'll pick the spot





1 Comments:

At 8/22/05, 8:55 PM, Blogger Miss Templeton said...

Alright. A post that mentioned both Star Trek (Original Series) AND Jimmy Buffett. This is worth a second look.

Was just baking cookies to "Last Mango in Paris" earlier today. The thing is: enough beer and all music sounds like Jimmy Buffett.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home