Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pollkatz is Back, and I hope He Stays Back

Well, after going almost two months without an update, Pollkatz has returned. Pollkatz, who has been cataloging Bush's steady drop in the polls ever since the post 9/11 heyday, expllained his absence thusly:

Bush's numbers just aren't changing
enough to be interesting. 30% of poll respondents still don't see
through the man, or do see through him and are too ashamed or stubborn
to admit it.

Anyway, I will be updating once in a while, but
don't expect much to change. He'll ride his 30% popularity through to
the end.


Well, that's good to know, and I certainly am in no place to put the heat on Mr. Pollkatz to provide me with new reading, but I disagree with him for several reasons:

1) Bush's approval ratings are still down from this time last year, so he's still losing ground. Why not document what will be his worst year ever, even he does flat line from here?

2)
There is plenty of time for our nation's real problems to catch up with
Bush's 30% hard tack supporters. I don't want to see bad things happen,
but I think they're going to, and I'd rather see them happen before
November than after.

3) Three recent polls - CNN/Opinion Research (3/14-16/08), FOX/Opinion Dynamics (3/18-19/08), and Pew (3/19-22/08) - have seen
Bush's approval rating drop to an all-time low (that his, all time low
in that particular poll). So thisan't over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home