Monday, August 29, 2005

Bob Says: Is Bush Losing It?

Bob Says

Bob linked me to this site, adding this message:

The Money Quote: "I'm not meeting again with that goddamned bitch," Bush screamed at aides who suggested he meet again with Cindy Sheehan, the war-protesting mother whose son died in Iraq. "She can go to hell as far as I'm concerned!"

I wish I could totally believe it, but all the facts and quotes are anonymously sourced, and there's no proof this guy has any real inside straight on what's going on in the White House. The closest thing to real evidence he gives a is a picture of Bush popping the finger, with this caption:

Bush flashes the bird, something aides say he does often and has been doing since his days as governor of Texas.

Okay, but that picture is a blurry video, and he looks quite a bit younger in it than he does now. I don't think anyone has ever said Bush never gave the one-fingered salute.


And yet, this story dovetails with everything I've read and observed about Bush. His disinterest in facts. His temper. His pettiness. His vindictiveness with people he deems disloyal (which would now be most of the American public). His bad habits waiting to flair up.

I would really like to see Bush go ballistic in public, but aside from that, I wonder if I should be happy. It's too late to unseat him electorally, and he's in place to do plenty of harm (worse than so far, I mean) before he does go away. And with Cheney having about a zero chance of being the party's nominee, the GOP would have a good shot at distancing themselves from whatever he does.

1 Comments:

At 8/31/05, 10:27 PM, Blogger Monster, Indeed! said...

(This is me posting Bob's response, because he can't find his password - MI)

Bob Says:

I feel as you do about the anonymous Bush quote, but they sure do capture the spirit of this Repuglicant leader!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home